French, 1616-1671.French painter. Bourdon was active in Rome (1634 C37), in Sweden (1652 C54) as Queen Christina's court portrait painter, and in Paris; he also worked in his native Montpellier, where he painted The Fall of Simon Magus for the cathedral. The Finding of Moses is in the National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C. Related Paintings of Bourdon, Sebastien :. | The Selling of Joseph into Slavery | Sacrifice of Noah | Slaughter of the Innocents | The Beggars | Moses and the Brazen Serpent | Related Artists:
Peter Fendi1796-1842
Austrian
Peter Fendi Location
He was born in Vienna, Salzburg at (1796-09-04), and died in Vienna at 1842-08.
Gioacchino Assereto (1600 - 28 June 1649) was an Italian painter of the early Baroque period, active in Genoa.
Gioacchino Assereto, David with the Head of Goliath.He initially apprenticed with Luciano Borzone and later Giovanni Andrea Ansaldo. He painted two vault frescoes in the church of Santissima Annunziata del Vastato: David and Abimelech and Santi Giovanni and Pietro healing the lame. He also shows the influence of Bernardo Strozzi, a tenebrism moderated by venetian coloristic effects and garbing the subjects in modern peasant garb, in paintings such as Moses obtaining water from the Rock (Prado Museum, Madrid). Orazio dee Ferrari may have worked with Assereto in Ansaldoes studio.
Paintings by Gioacchino Assereto can also be seen at the Detroit Institute of Art and the Museum of Fine Arts in Budapest,Hungary.
Pieter de Ring(1615/1620 - 22 September 1660, Leiden) was a Dutch Golden Age painter of still lifes. became famous for his opulent, flashy still lifes or banquet pieces with fruit, a lobster, a goblet, shrimps, oysters, a rug and Chinese porcelain. His signature is often a painted ring or with the Latinised form of his name, P.Ab.Annulo.
De Ring was born either in Leiden, or in Ypres in Flanders, but there is no trace of his birth in the Leiden archives, and the Ypres Archives were destroyed in August 1914. Pieter de Ring started as a mason and painted still lifes in the evening. When the hall was filled with paintings he became a pupil of Jan Davidsz. de Heem, until 1635 living in Leiden. His father Daniel died in 1648; in 1657 his mother lived in Amsterdam. De Ring himself lived in a house at Hogewoerd.
There are no records in the Leiden Archive on his marriage or children. He appears not to have bought a house there nor wrote a will. What is known is that he became one of the founders a member and of the Guild of St. Luke in 1648, De Ring was buried in the Pieterskerk, Leiden on 22 September 1660 and taken to church from a house in the Nonnensteeg. If he had his studio there he probably had a view on the Leiden Academy building. If he lived on the east side of the alley he had a beautiful view on the Hortus Botanicus of Leiden, the work of Clusius.